Sunday, May 10, 2009

"My" Documents

What are we? 3-year olds? Really? My folders need to include the word "My" in front of every one of them?

It was a phenomenally retarded choice on MS's part to originally name these folders with a useless, infantile "My" in front of every one of them. They finally corrected their stupidity in Windows Vista, but now they're regressing back to their toddler identity and requiring a "My" "My" "My" in front of everything in Windows 7?

Maybe they think users are so stupid that they can't tell that the folder "Documents" under "[their-name]" is, in fact, their documents? Perhaps MS should visit everyone's house and relabel everything in their homes with a prefix of "My" on it so we don't get confused about who owns what. Every time I read "My" Pictures, "My" Downloads, "My" Videos, etc., I can't help but imagine a 2-yr old throwing a tantrum on the floor kicking and screaming, snot pouring out into the rug, repeating MS's mantra: "Mine!" "Mine!" "Mine!"

Microsoft, Please grow up and treat your customers as something a tad more mature than two-year-olds.

Or do you like "My Documents"? What does it do for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment